Games Designer – Czech Republic - €Neg – Casual/Social Games
|Job Title||Games Designer – Czech Republic - €Neg – Casual/Social Games|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|Skills Required||Game Design|
|Job Description||Location: Prague – Czech Republic
Salary: €Negotiable DOE
Job Type: Permanent Contract
Project: Casual/Social Games
OPM are pleased to be working with this leading mobile gaming studio. Their titles reach more than one out of every 3 iPhone iPod touch and iPad users.
They are looking for a highly experienced and talented Game Designer who will be responsible for the implementation reviewing and revision of game play content to meet the project’s objectives. You will develop the layout and concept of mobile games in a wide array of genres and styles. You will incorporate community-based connected features and web companion products into the overall design. You will also be working both in day-to-day project design work and also with the product management group and the rest of the design team on developing new ideas and taking them through the whole development process (from pre-production to launch).
• Ensure the delivery of high quality concepts and design documentation on all game projects.
• Contribute to brand definition efforts including character bibles scripted story segments and other narrative aspects of branded content.
• Source ideas and draft proposals consisting of concept docs development plans product plans and schedules.
• Understand and contribute to overall company goals values and sales/marketing requirements.
• Mentor game designers across the studio and offer guidelines for all written game design documents ensuring the delivery of quality design documentation on all game projects.
• Work closely with Art Engineering and Product Management staff to ensure the highest quality gaming experience on mobile devices.
• Oversee the staffing and management of the design team
• Liaise with the Product Management group to shepherd products from initial ideas or market requirements through the green-lighting process and into full production.
• Extensive experience in design role either in console PC or mobile
• Passion for the game industry and must have a strong interest in casual and social gaming.
• Team management experience on a published title
• A knowledge of mass-market “non-hardcore” gaming
• A good understanding of all aspects of game play: control player feedback mechanics game progression reward and difficulty curves etc.
• Creativity flexibility open minded and ability to react well to demands.
• Understanding of game genres and be able to describe the interface’s strengths and weaknesses.
• Excellent documentation skills: creation and maintenance of detailed yet concise design documents and other project documents (schedules etc) using Word Excel Visio etc.
• Ability to identify and analyze problems and to design creative and achievable solutions.
• Manage opinions and critiques to the game design.
• Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Team player strong organizational interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience with analytical tools.
• Knowledge of game theory game prototyping tools and game world editor are a plus
• Good knowledge of English (written and verbal).
In exchange for your hard work the company offer fun and exciting working environment in a large and stable international company. You will work with the latest technologies for a competitive salary and benefits package
Catherine Cope| Design Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Ground Floor Anderson House 228 Old London Road Marks Tey Colchester CO6 1HD
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214416 | Email: Catherine@opmjobs.com | Skype: catherine.cope.opm |
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 17242.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|