Art Director of Concepts - Shanghai - Outsourcing studio
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - China
|Job Title||Art Director of Concepts - Shanghai - Outsourcing studio|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Job Description||Location: Shanghai
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Depending on experience
OPM’s client currently stands at over 1100 staff worldwide across various studios. They are one of the largest and most recognized game developers. Since 2004 and have helped clients leverage outsourcing to generate the extra flexibility their projects require.
Their track record is not short of achievements, they has worked for 15 of the top 20 game companies worldwide on large AAA, New-Gen projects in addition to shipping over 20 co-developed games on time and budget.
Title: Concept Art Director
The Director is responsible for creation of the concept art for all clients. Working closely with Team Members, the Director oversees the visual style and maintains the production values until the final delivery. The Director must have a strong knowledge of various culture and design esthetics. Understanding of history, architecture and costume design is a must. The Director initially produces artwork themselves, setting creative standard. Throughout the production the Director supervises a team of artists insuring the stylistic and historical accuracy.
– Extensive experience of concept art works in game industry
– Manage a team of 20+ Junior and Senior concept artists engaged in different kinds of projects (different styles, genres, platforms etc.)
– Establish Art production pipeline in coordination with clients.
– Ensure technical and artistic quality of deliverables.
– Manage communication with clients about artistic and technical matters
– Design and create quality benchmarks for other concept artists in the team. This may include (but not limited to) environments, backgrounds, characters, props, SFX and color schemes of gaming or video production based on ideas presented by development teams.
– Participate in recruitment and training of new talent
– High level of creativity;
– Ability to move between art styles easily；
– Expert in Photoshop, Painter, Sketch Up;
– Strong artistic aptitudes and skills in industrial design, life drawing, character and environment painting, understanding of color theory and color palette creation;
– Experience in level concept art creation and collaboration with game designers and level artists;
– Highly organized individual with an eye for details and a passion for leading and mentoring;
– College / University degree in Art related field (including architecture, industrial design, textile/fashion design);
– Good working knowledge of English is a must
If this sounds like your next role then email your CV along with demo work (max 5mg) to email@example.com (MS Word format)
Claire Ramshaw | Senior Art Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214413 |
Email: Claire@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 3155.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|