Technical Director - Games Studio - Canada
|Job Title||Technical Director - Games Studio - Canada|
|Job Description||Location - Canada
Job Type - Permanent
Format - Multi-platform
Salary - Competitive with great benefits
As the largest video game developer in Atlantic Canada with roughly 80 staff founded in July 2000 to date they have shipped 33 titles with 223 SKUs across PlayStation 3 Xbox 360 iPhone iPad Nintendo Wii Nintendo DS PSP PC and PlayStation 2 selling more than 20 million units.
As a company they are a passionate team of game designers producers programmers artists animators graphic artists audio engineers and support staff known within the industry for high quality sports games and with publishers for their professional and reliable delivery.
They are currently working with the largest first and third party publishers on various titles across various platforms both in sports and non-sports. To complement this they have also established an internal department to develop and publish games and applications on the iOS and Android platforms and also PC.
They have opened up an exciting position and now seek an experienced Technical Director to lead them to their next bout of success.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To direct the technology that drives the creation of games enhancing the studios’ reputation of producing high quality and state of the art interactive entertainment experiences.
- Work as part of the Game Management Team to:
- Understand maintain and disseminate each project’s vision
- Establish staffing requirements budgets schedules and milestones
- Resolves all issues as they arise by balancing technology content and entertainment issues
- Meet project schedules and milestone deadlines
- Build and cultivate a well-run team with high morale and professional standards.
- Continually research and be informed on the latest technologies tools and services.
- Work with external consultants for the preparation of the company's annual SR&ED claim.
- Work with universities to promote computer science and gaming and manage such relationships to help leverage recruitment of talented Software Engineers and Software Architects.
- Develop maintain and continually review and adapt the Company’s technology and tools strategies to ensure the Company remains competitive in the global marketplace while meeting immediate project demands.
- Work to identify and execute technological efficiencies and cross-project collaborations.
- With the support of the Technical Leads monitor code across all projects and ensure the quality reaches the standards required to keep the studio at the forefront of the industry.
- Mentor Technical Leads and provide coaching skills to help develop less experiences Software Engineers.
Essential Skills Knowledge and Experience:
- Highly organized inspired and driven
- Passion for video games
- Professional attitude
- Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative
- Strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Considerable Games Industry relevant experience
To apply please forward over your MS Word Version CV to email@example.com
Max Hurd - Programming Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214420
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of OPM using their internal reference 16842.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|