||AI / Artificial Intelligence,Tools,Web / Browser,Physics,Gameplay,Mobile / iOS / Android,Graphics / Engine,Core Technology,UI / Front End,Animation Programmer,Flash / Actionscript / HTML5,Database / SQL
||Summary and Purpose
As a Games Programmer you will provide robust, well designed code in order to fulfil the Product Owner’s vision. Candidates will be skilled and passionate developers, with a creative mind-set and a burning enthusiasm for making great games. You will have a desire to learn from others to further develop your skills, as well as being a big team player and helping to drive projects forward.
- Produce robust, high-quality code that adheres to the company coding standard.
- Assist in maintaining code quality across the team.
- Author technical designs and other documentation as required.
- Write and code individual programs according to specifications
- Write code for programming for computer games which may include A.I. or 3D engine development.
- Estimating code tasks and assignments, and adhering to SCRUM methodologies.
- Work with other disciplines [Design, Art etc] to plan & execute work
Experience and Skills
- 2.1 or higher Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or comparable science
- At least 2 years professional experience of programming games in C++
- At least 1 shipped title and experience of a full production lifecycle
- Thorough understanding of C++, including OOD
- Demonstrable understanding of Vector, Algebra and 3D mathematics
- Ability to work within a dynamic and collaborate development team
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for making games!
Want to really stand out? Know about these!
- Mobile and social game development experience.
- Familiarity with Adobe Flash and ActionScript.
- Previous experience of PHP and web-server development.
- Knowledge of 3D animation technology.
||Based on Experience
This job is advertised on behalf of NaturalMotion using their internal reference Games Programmer.
Apply for this job