||So, who are we?
Mind Candy is an entertainment company, with offices in London, Brighton, New York and San Francisco, that creates global brands with online games at their heart. Over 80 million kids have joined our leading brand, Moshi Monsters, and Moshi has expanded incredibly successfully offline into books, magazines, trading cards, toys, videos games, music, mobile apps and cartoons.
We are looking for truly talented individuals to become an integral part in driving the success of Mind Candy at this incredibly exciting time in our company history whilst we leverage our knowledge of branding to create innovative, new IP.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the creative vision and design for one of our exciting new mobile titles!
You'll be responsible for:
- Working with the Product Lead and production team to translate the creative vision into a long-term product roadmap.
- Providing creative and games design direction for content releases with a focus on delighting our players with a magical and fun experience.
- Designing core systems and game mechanics.
- Defining features post-launch with a clear understanding of impact on retention/monetization, working closely with a Project Manager to effectively push them into content releases.
- Observing and analysing user testing and analytics to recommend design solutions and improve/fix design features during the life of the product as a service.
- Leading the design team, providing mentoring, coaching and day-to-day direction.
- Clear and concise communication of the product vision to team members, product owners, senior management and other relevant key stakeholders.
- Building a collaborative environment for idea generation, leveraging the entire team.
- Remaining current on industry trends including new game genres/types, new game design methodologies and techniques, new and emerging business models and monetization paradigms and emerging platforms especially smartphone, tablet and social networking.
What you'll bring to Mind Candy:
- Demonstrable industry experience in a senior game design capacity, specifically working on Mobile and Tablet platforms.
- Successfully shipped 2+ games
- Excellent creative writing skills including proven ability to write detailed technical design documentation and maintain it throughout the development cycle
- Broad knowledge of player behaviours, motivations and profiles
- Broad knowledge and passion for the games industry with an ability to identify trends relevant to the product.
- Excellent creative writing skills including proven ability to write detailed technical design documentation and maintain it throughout the development cycle.
- Broad knowledge of, and passion for, the games sector.
- Ability to both conceptualize and implement game ideas using various tools and technology.
- Excellent analytical, facilitation and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please attach a cover letter to your application outlining why you think you would be a perfect match for this role. We look forward to receiving your application!