||Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent online games studio, is looking for an outstanding Web Systems Team Leader to join our RuneScape technologies department.
As a key member within web development team, you will be responsible for the ownership of developing your team and assisting in the technical direction of future Web System developments.
Key Duties Include:
- Collaborate with managers to define project milestones and deliverables aligned with the goals of the web team.
- Provide team visibility of progress against schedule and milestones.
- Responsible for the application and continuous improvement of best practice in development techniques, methodologies and technologies.
- Leading by example through commitment, passion and professionalism towards Jagex and the gaming industry as a whole
- Ensure Web Systems software is of a high standard and of excellent quality.
- Code review your team’s code or delegate as and when required.
- Ensure that the team’s development is performed in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the RS Web Management team to keep informed of upcoming projects and current workload
- Review and contribute to the designs of your team.
- Mentoring and support of junior team members.
- Inspire your team members to improve.
- Undertake additional launch and support responsibilities.
- Build excellent working relationships with others
- Develop a clear team structure, with understood responsibilities and career development path.
- Review and recommend changes to web infrastructure / architecture with the assistance of the Technology Director
- Previous experience leading and supporting a team
- Advanced Code experience
- Knowledge of supporting high volume 24 hour live systems
- Enthusiastic about supporting and mentoring developers
- Java experience
- High traffic and uptime systems
- Worked in an agile department
- Previous experience managing a team of developers