Generalist Programmer-Console Games
|Job Title||Generalist Programmer-Console Games|
|Skills Required||Tools, Gameplay, Graphics / Engine|
|Location||North East, UK & Europe|
Job Reference: 16044
Start Date/Length: Immediate/ Permanent
Location: North East
Our Client, a leading developer is seeking a Generalist Programmer to join them. The successful candidate will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing game features that meet the requirements of the project’s Lead Designer and Lead Programmer.
• Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
• Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and perforce.
• Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
• 3 years of commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published game.
• Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
• Able to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
• Has knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc
• Proven ability to learn and be productive using unfamiliar APIs quickly.
• Experience with CPU and GPU profiling, and optimization of code and shaders.
• Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements.
• Implement code that is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system.
• Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work.
• Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team.
• Maintain technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines.
• Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance as required. • Write debugging tools for programmers, level designers and artists.
Please contact David Delve on 0208 944 7777 or email@example.com if you are interested in this position. Please forward your CV in a Word format. View Many More Interactive Selection Jobs
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Interactive Selection using their internal reference 16044.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|