Designer/Game Level Content Creator - Cutting edge AAA Titles
|Job Title||Designer/Game Level Content Creator - Cutting edge AAA Titles|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|Skills Required||Games Designer, Level Designer|
|Location||West Yorkshire, UK & Europe|
|Job Description||Designer/Game Level Content Creator - Cutting edge AAA Titles
Job Reference: 15990
Start Date/Length: contract
Location: West Yorkshire
Description: Designer/Game Level Content Creator - Cutting edge AAA Titles
This dynamic studio is looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join their small but highly experienced and dedicated design team. While the role will initially lean heavily towards level design, the small size and flat structure of the team means that you will be able to get involved and make a difference wherever your interests and skills lie. As a designer, you will initially work to define environmental content and ensure that the gameplay within it reflects the vision of the game and exploits its mechanics. The ideal candidate would have experience with level editors, scripting ability and have exceptional communication skills in written, visual and verbal forms.
• Work as part of the design team to help deliver game levels that match the creative vision and product goals of the game.
• Develop the level layout, scenario creation, prototype modelling, event scripting, entity placement, pacing, balancing and gameplay tuning.
• Assist in the development and realization of tools for the level design process.
• Build relationships on the development team to facilitate idea generation and feature implementation.
• 3 years of game industry experience or at least 1 published title in a level design capacity.
• The ability and desire to contribute in a highly creative environment, providing unique concepts and solutions.
• Strong hands-on experience with level design: writing scripts and laying out levels (white-boxing). Experience in 3D art packages or UI design would be a benefit.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A knowledge of coding and scripting languages. Unity experience would be especially useful.
• A passion for playing and creating quality videogames.
Please contact Cassandra Donnelly on 0208 144 6336 or email@example.com if you are interested in this position. Please forward your CV in a Word format.
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Interactive Selection using their internal reference 15990.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|