Development Director wanted for AAA Studio
|Job Title||Development Director wanted for AAA Studio|
|Skills Required||Development Director|
|Job Description||Development Director wanted for AAA Studio
Job Reference: 16139
Start Date/Length: Immediate/ Permanent
Founded in 2011 by gaming industry veterans this studio is committed to delivering great games that connect gamers.
Based in Sweden, they are now looking for an exceptional Development Director to join their talented team. You will need to be passionate about games and committed to being the best in the world at what you do.
The Development Director is a critical role and responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of a game on time and within budget. Prior to production, they carry out a detailed analysis of the game design and work out the project ‘milestones’ (specific targets that have to be met by certain dates), agreeing upon these with the key technical and creative managers.The DD then works out a schedule for the project and decides the personnel and equipment needed. Once development is underway, the DD monitors the team’s progress against the schedule. They must be able to prioritize when production deadlines are a concern, manage risks, and plan for contingencies. Finally, the DD is responsible for all people management on the team and is tasked with motivating and developing all staff under their management including career development.
· Establishing an overall project schedule
· Managing the change request process · Provides inspiring leadership by proactively meeting or communicating with employees individually
· Participates in development of retention programs; works with team members to develop and pursue a career action plan and identifies potential growth opportunities;
· Ensures adequate equipment, tools and support are provided for team members; · Enhances personal understanding of the production process and actively offers input;
· Provides input for departmental planning (i.e. resource planning, cost estimates etc)
· 5+ years of software development experience (preferably from the gaming industry); 4 years Project Management experience; 3 years of leadership experience
· Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills;
· Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization.
· Degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
· PMP Certification an asset.
Please contact David Delve on 0208 944 7777 or email@example.com if you are interested in this position. Please forward your CV in a Word format. View Many More Interactive Selection Jobs
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Interactive Selection using their internal reference 16139.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|