Senior Level Designer-World leading Studio
|Job Title||Senior Level Designer-World leading Studio|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|Skills Required||Level Designer|
Job Reference: 16105
Start Date/Length: Immediate/ Permanent
Location: South East Asia
Our Client a leading Studio based in Singapore is searching for a talented Senior Level Designer to join them. Having good experience working on AAA titles, the Senior Level Designer will:
• Conceptualize, design, script, direct, and build levels for video game products.
• Design and implement areas of the game including layout, character placement, and other gameplay related entities.
• Collaborate with Creative Director and Lead Designers to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of game design.
• Collaborate with other Level Designers to define and refine level designs to create an extremely fun, satisfying, and polished level design flow.
• Actively participate in and/or lead design specific discussions concerning design reviews and design issues.
• Create design documentation based on the direction from the Creative Director and Lead Designers.
• Collaborate with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in laying out environments.
• Work closely with the art department to conceive and design environments that are innovative and visually impressive.
• Apply architecture concepts to levels (flow, threshold, volumes).
• Motivate and inspire others to generate new ideas.
• Minimum of 7 years experience plus 2 shipped AAA titles.
• Ability to design creative and interesting game levels utilizing 3D tools (UnrealEd, Maya, Max, Hammer, Radiant or similar 3D editor).
• Must possess a strong working knowledge of game design systems.
• Must possess a full understanding of the relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game as well as all of the ways a player can respond to each gameplay element.
• Passion for games and game development.
• Deep knowledge of the adventure / shooter game genre and the game development process.
• Great sense for what makes a game or level fun.
• Ability to effectively communicate within a large group project environment.
• Solid knowledge of the game production pipeline.
• Previous experience using Lua (or equivalent scripting language) to create game mechanics.
• Ability to conceptualize exciting level designs that will be satisfying to the player.
• Some artistic background, formal or otherwise, 2D or 3D, is a big plus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
Please contact David Smith on 0208 944 7777 or email@example.com if you are interested in this position. Please forward your CV in a Word format. View Many More Interactive Selection Jobs
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Interactive Selection using their internal reference 16105.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|