3D Graphics Programmer - Worldwide Independent Publisher
|Job Title||3D Graphics Programmer - Worldwide Independent Publisher|
|Job Description||3D Programmer- Worldwide Independent Publisher
Looking for a change of scenery? This Globally renowned publisher is seeking a talented 3D Programmer to join their team based in Shanghai, China. This is a fantastic opportunity to live and work in one of the most modern and exciting cities in the world!
Job Description Responsibilities:
• Compile and understand the 3D needs of the artists in terms of information development and assess the technical feasibility;
• Analyse existing 3D functions in the engine and see if they meet requirements;
• Suggest improvements when necessary by designing and implementing new systems;
• Collaborate with the graphics TD to set the constraints and communicate the technical possibilities of the 3D functions to the team of artists;
• Suggest innovations inspired by other industry games;
• Validate and verify whether the newly developed and integrated 3D systems meet the project’s general and specific requirements and do not create any incoherence with the existing code;
• Optimize when necessary;
• Support the functions of the 3D systems designed by production;
• Determine and correct the 3D bugs identified by people from other crafts and the quality control team;
• Document the work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users (other crafts) to understand how to use the new 3D functions and systems;
• Carry out all other related tasks.
• Passionate about playing and making games.
• Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
• Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and perforce.
• Able to plan and estimate their own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work.
• Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in 3D programming, ideally in the video game industry or equivalent.
• Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
• Able to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
• Has knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc…
• Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity.
• Good mathematics ability and a familiarity with common 3d graphics principles and rendering algorithms.
• Good working knowledge of current GPU architecture, and rendering APIs, experience with DirectX 11 a benefit.
Games Jobs China offers help and advice to anyone actively planning or considering career opportunities and relocation to or within China.
Please contact David Smith on 0208 944 7777 or email@example.com if you are interested in this position. Please forward your CV in a Word format. View Many More Interactive Selection Jobs
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Interactive Selection using their internal reference 15720.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|