Game Tech Programmer Required - AAA Titles
Games Jobs - Programming - North West
|Job Title||Game Tech Programmer Required - AAA Titles|
|Job Category||Core Technology|
|Job Description||Based in the North West of England, this BAFTA-award winning studio regularly features in the top 10 of the Develop 100 "World's Most Successful Games Studios" and consistently produces much loved AAA games across all formats. They are now seeking a new member to join the Game Tech team within the Core Technology group.
- Providing an interface between the game code and low level engine as a game framework that the game code can plug into
- Game resource management (level streaming)
- Engine side support of game systems such as breakable/buildable lego.
- Multiplayer game networking
- Editor support for framework functionality
- Game audio system
- Game code and data build system to produce submission packages
- Handling technical requirements of console platform holders
- Visual effects and particle management
- A good degree in Computer Science, Math or Physics or related subject (2.i or above)
- Fluent in C++ and object oriented programming
- A structured approach to programming with the desire to write clean, well commented, documented and maintainable code.
- A positive can do attitude coupled with the ability to get things done.
Desirable Skills (non essential):
- Experience programming consoles at a low-level on PS3, 360, Wii or PC.
- Understanding of machine architecture.
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Strong debugging skills in a multi-threaded / multi-core environment.
- The ability to analyse and optimise algorithms for efficiency.
- Knowledge of Python, SQL, Java
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Interactive Selection using their internal reference 979.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|