Senior Gameplay Programmer - Racing Games
|Job Title||Senior Gameplay Programmer - Racing Games|
|Job Description||Senior Gameplay Programmer-Racing Games
Job Reference: 15983
Start Date/Length: Immediate/ Permanent
Location: North East
This leading studio based in the UK is seeking a talented Senior Gameplay Programmer to join their collaborative multidiscipline environment. This role will focus on implementing gameplay features that meet the requirements of the project’s Lead Designer and Lead Programmer.
• Passionate about playing and making games.
• Good understanding of gameplay technology, and can use their technical knowledge in various areas such as mathematics, physics, animation, artificial intelligence to implement gameplay features, and believable behaviors.
• Ability to work in an iterative environment with game designers to quickly prototype gameplay features.
• Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development. • Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and perforce.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
• 3 years of commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published game.
• Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
• Able to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
• Has knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc
• Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements.
• Implement code that is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system.
• Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work.
• Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team.
• Maintain technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines.
• Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance as required. • Write debugging tools for programmers, level designers and artists.
Please contact David Delve on 0208 944 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position. Please forward your CV in a Word format. View Many More Interactive Selection Jobs
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Interactive Selection using their internal reference 15983.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|