Ruby Rails Developer - Technology Leaders
|Job Title||Ruby Rails Developer - Technology Leaders|
|Job Description||Ruby Rails Developer
Purpose: As Rails developer to work on the back-end system which processes and analyses the text of books, and allows publishers to mark-up and associate rich media and other semantically relevant material with the text.
Skills and experience:
• 3+ years professional software development experience
• 2+ years professional Ruby on Rails development experience
• Past experience with TDD/BDD and ability to produce idiomatic, well-designed Ruby code.
• Thorough knowledge of web technologies and best practices – HTTP, HTML, SQL, security, caching and general application performance
• Strong Git skills
• Experienced with either MySQL or Postgres databases
• Previous experience or strong interest in artificial intelligence, machine learning or natural language processing
• Experience with Java (JRuby in particular)
• Experience with programming languages of a different paradigm to Ruby (e.g. Haskell, Lisp, Erlang, Clojure and the like)
• Strong HTML / CSS experience & knowledge
• Linux / System administration skills
• Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and stay abreast of Rails developments/standards.
• Able to work on projects without detailed instructions; taking the initiative.
Please contact Carrie Eckersley on 01477 533328 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position. Please forward your CV in a Word format. View Many More Interactive Selection Jobs
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Interactive Selection using their internal reference 15791.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|