GUI Technical Artist wanted for World Leading Game Studio
|Job Title||GUI Technical Artist wanted for World Leading Game Studio|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Skills Required||Art / Animation|
|Location||North East, UK, North East|
Job Reference: 16049
Start Date/Length: ASAP/ 6 month contract
Location: North East
Our Client is a leading developer based in the North East of the UK. They are seeking a talented Technical Artist to join their team on a contract basis.
The Technical Artist is responsible for developing, documenting and supporting the game art pipelines and techniques used by the art and animation teams.
• As the role of Technical Artist is a specialised one, candidates must be able to show technical proficiency in areas such as modelling, texturing, and scripted languages such as Max Script and Python.
• Working directly with Art, possibly Tools and GPP Leads, the role requires an ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view .
• At least 3+ years’ experience with industry standard 3-D package (3D Studio Max) and an extensive knowledge of art packages (Photoshop). The skill set should range from modelling to texturing and special effects, and be able to customise them so they are as streamlined as possible for specific projects. Additional knowledge in After Effects is beneficial.
• The ability to work well as part of a team is also important, while training and mentoring responsibilities require good communication skills.
• Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
• Work directly with Art, Tools, GPP and other departments, the role requires an ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view .
• If required, document and train Artists in new techniques.
• Author scripted tools (Max Script / Python) to streamline new and existing workflows
• Profile game scenes and ensure assets are game ready.
• Experience and understanding of multiple art/animation asset pipelines on Xbox 360 and/or PS3
• Ability to write and optimise shaders
• Able to write supporting tools in C#
Please contact Cassandra Donnelly on 0208 144 6336 or email@example.com if you are interested in this position. Please forward your CV in a Word format. View Many More Interactive Selection Jobs
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Game Contractor using their internal reference 16149.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|