Core Engine Programmer
|Job Title||Core Engine Programmer|
|Job Description||To apply:
This company are currently working on a third person adventure with all the elements other games only claim to have. They have an informal, creative studio and an excellent benefits package. They are seeking an experienced programmer to focus on core engine development. This is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge architectures and high performance systems for current and next-gen platforms.
- Work on multiple aspects of engine development: world representation, rendering, graphics, effects, threading and other subsystems.
- Design and implement a variety of low and mid-level systems.
- Improving engine architecture and evolving an existing codebase.
- Diagnose game performance and stability issues, and develop solutions.
- Fluency in C++ with strong multi-threaded programming skills.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience writing efficient core engine code.
- Self-motivated, and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
- Outstanding math skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, matrix/quaternion math).
- Able to communicate, and work closely with designers, artists and other coders.
- Prior experience working as an engine or generalist programmer on at least one previous game.
- Experience with code and data optimization to improve memory consumption and performance.
- Passion for playing video games, and writing engine code.
- Mathematics/computer science degree.
- Fluency in assembly and/or SIMD programming.
- Experience developing high level graphics systems.
- Experience with streaming , open world games.
- Experience integrating third-party products.
To apply please send CV to email@example.com or tel Andrea, Ben, Kirsty on 020 7580 6018 for a confidential chat (once we have your cv). We value close, personal relationships with our candidates and applications by this method tend to be more successful.
Please click for more Games Jobs or Games Programming Jobs
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Datascope using their internal reference 38571.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|