||Cubic Motion is a specialist facial animation studio based in Manchester UK, constantly working with the most respected games and VFX studios to produce massive volumes of the most realistic facial animation seen in the industry today.
Key Purpose of the Job
- To produce high quality facial animation for AAA video games, feature films, and TV animation.
- Work closely with the animation lead/supervisor to create highly realistic and detailed facial animation with convincing performances and motion.
- Have the ability to adapt to new projects, pipelines, and facial animation control rigs extremely quickly.
- Be aware of project schedules and be capable of delivering work to demanding deadlines.
- Minimum 1 year animation industry experience, much more needed for senior roles.
- Candidate should have understanding and experience of realistic facial animation and the human facial muscular system.
- Ability to solve problems and predict potential issues with assigned tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of Maya.
- Technically proficient i.e. at least a basic understanding of rigging and scripting.
- Experience animating detailed facial rigs.
Candidate must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Well versed in the principles of animation.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Highly motivated.
- Must communicate well and be able to take notes and direction.
Requirements for Application
- EU work permit.
- Online demo reel showing previous character animation work, both keyframe and using motion capture, and a strong emphasis should be put on emotive facial performances with 100% accurate lip-sync.
- CV detailing all work experience
- An on-site facial animation test and interview will be required.