GFACE - Java Game Backend Developer
|Job Title||GFACE - Java Game Backend Developer|
|Skills Required||Web / Browser|
|Location||Frankfurt, UK & Europe|
|Job Description||Role description
- Develops and designs complex, integrated, distributed, high-performance backend systems for online games.
- Ensures applications and systems are fully compliant with requirements through appropriate unit and system/ integration testing.
- Ensures functional and technical design meets product and business requirements.
- Ensures appropriate, accurate, up-to-date technical documentation is available for systems and logic.
- Assists and supports testers with development and execution of test plans.
- Helps drive the delivery of successful, cutting edge products by working on a team with other highly talented Producers, Developers, and Designers.
- Shares expertise and advice others in the development of features across the service.
- Writes high quality, high performance code.
- Writes complete Unit Tests for developed code.
- Participates in the scoping and sizing of requirements using agile development methods.
- Profound experience in development of distributed, high-performance and high-scalable server applications.
- Excellent knowledge about socket protocols (especially TCP and WebSocket).
- Expert in asynchronous event-driven frameworks (e.g. Netty) and standards (JMS).
- Proficiency with web-based architectures and technologies (REST, XML, JSON).
- Strong knowledge of W3C Standards.
- Strong OO design and programming skills applying proven methodologies using UML.
- Used Agile Methodology as a software development process following continuous integration programming, particularly SCRUM.
- Experience with standard revision control (SVN) and defect tracking tools (JIRA).
- Motivated self-starter who likes working on very productive, fast-paced teams.
- Ability to skillfully navigate ambiguity in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to remain calm, poised, professional, and productive when under pressure.
- Passionate desire to build great products.
- Maintains objectivity and seeks win-win resolutions when faced with tough problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Passion for video games.
- Willing to relocate to Heidelberg
- Education: B.S in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience: 3+ years
- JEE standards and frameworks (Hibernate, Spring)
- Development on mobile devices (especially iPhone/iPad, Android)
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Crytek using their internal reference .|
|Apply for this job|