Games Jobs - Programming - Nottingham
|Job Title||UI Programmer|
|Job Description||UI Programmer
We are looking for a self-driven and motivated software engineer to join the user interface team which is working on a number of AAA titles for next generation hardware. As part of this team you will be responsible for developing all aspects of the games user interface, menus and in game HUD elements The role requires an individual who takes pride in the final presentation of their work and someone who understands the importance of communicating the right information in an accessible way. Working closely with the gamecode and design teams you will help define the way features are presented to the players and constantly strive for the highest visual quality across all areas of the game.
● Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
● A strong academic background which includes a degree in a science or relevant subject.
● Strong 3d maths, software engineering & problem solving skills.
● A desire to create high quality user interfaces and feedback systems.
● The ability to analyse and breakdown design requirements into defined code requirements.
● The ability to understand and debug other programmers' code.
● A desire to learn new skills and build on existing abilities.
● Good written and verbal English skills.
● Great communication skills, friendly, open minded, positive, self-motivated, proactive, willing to take direction and ability to work without much supervision.
● Experience with LUA, ActionScript & Flash.
● Experience of console development and the certification process.
● Previous experience of shipping a title as a UI programmer.
● A genuine interest in playing games.
● Develop, maintain and support the logic and flow for all GUI features.
● Prototype and iterate on new features working closely with the design team.
● Always strive to improve the usability and architecture of the UI code and systems.
● Report to: Lead UI Programmer and Technical Director.
Please note we are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Due to the Coalition Government's interim immigration limits Crytek UK Ltd’s ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.
In the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Crytek using their internal reference 600.|
|Apply for this job|