Senior Game Programmer
Games Jobs - Programming - Nottingham
|Job Title||Senior Game Programmer|
|Job Description||Senior Game Programmer
We are looking for a self-driven and experienced individual to join the engineering team which is working on a AAA title for next generation hardware. As part of the gamecode group you will architect systems and features which empower the wider team to deliver ground breaking and immersive game experiences. You should be somebody that lives to solve technical challenges and be the kind of person who strives to make a big difference to the whole game team’s workflow. As a senior programmer you will understand the processes involved in making a first-class modern game and be able guide those with less experience to realise their potential.
● Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
● A strong academic background which includes a degree in a science or relevant subject.
● Strong 3d maths, software engineering & problem solving skills.
● The ability to analyse and breakdown design requirements into defined code requirements.
● The ability to identify and optimise code to remain within performance and memory budgets.
● The ability to understand and debug other programmers' code.
● A desire to learn new skills and build on existing abilities.
● Should be able to work amongst cross disciplines groups in the delivery of shared goals.
● Good written and verbal English skills.
● Great communication skills, friendly, open minded, positive, self-motivated, proactive, willing to take direction and ability to work without much supervision.
● Experience of console development.
● Previous experience working in a specialist area. E.g. AI, Physics, Networking, Audio.
● Tools and pipeline development.
● A genuine interest in playing games.
● Develop and extend game systems across a wide variety of areas such as AI, Networking, Vehicles, Physics, Audio, Game logic, Weapons & Player control.
● Prototype and iterate on game features working closely with the design team.
● Manage small cross discipline teams when asked to do so.
● Always strive to improve the stability, usability and architecture of the game code and engine.
● Mentor junior team members when required and always set a good example to others.
● Report to: Lead Programmer and Technical Director.
Please note we are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Due to the Coalition Government's interim immigration limits Crytek UK Ltd’s ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.
In the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Crytek using their internal reference 586.|
|Apply for this job|