||Crytek is looking for a Server Programmer to support our team on an exciting unannounced project in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.
- Develop and support reliable and high performance online services, help integrate them into company’s products.
- Direct responsibility for performance and functionality of certain server modules.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Display good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- Actively participate in project by making recommendations of how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- Strong programming skills in either C++ or C#, working experience with both.
- Debugging/optimization skills.
- Experience with network programming.
- Experience with multithreading.
- Ability to work in a collaborative programming environment.
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Passion for making great games.
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Erlang and Python language skills.
- Relational database programming experience (SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL).
- Experience with unit testing.
- Experience with PSN and/or Xbox-Live.
- Experience developing secure online services.
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Experience with making multiplayer games.
- Unix/Linux systems programming experience.
- Experience with multiplatform development.
- Experience in the game industry.
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher and technology provider with headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and seven other studios around the world. Established in 1999, Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome and Warface. All of Crytek's games are developed using CRYENGINE, the company's cutting-edge 3D game technology, which is also the first choice of other leading developers and licensees when creating games for PC, Xbox One, Playstation®4, Wii UTM, iOS and Android. Crytek's ongoing growth in the games-as-a-service market has extended the company's reach as they continue to deliver top quality interactive experiences to players through self-publishing platforms online.