||The R&D team is looking for talented, self-driven and experienced engineers who live and breathe to design algorithms with a very strong sense of quality. They are able to implement the cleanest, most minimalistic and efficient CPU/GPU code in the galaxy, in their sleep, and want to contribute proactively to improve CryENGINE.
We seek engineers who want to be part of a fun, friendly, single project driven, focused and collaborative team environment, who want to drive and set the bar for Next Generation platforms.
- Minimum 5 years experience in videogame development or similar programming experience.
- Strong 3D and engineering related math.
- Fluent in C++, strong software engineering background, optimization and debugging skills across multiple platforms.
- Good understanding of character deformation techniques and their implications.
- Basic rendering algorithms knowledge and their implications
- DX11 experience.
- Experienced with console development.
- Good communication skills, friendly, open minded, positive, self-motivated, proactive, willing to take direction and able to work without much supervision.
- Fluent english skills, spoken and written.
- Willing to relocate to Germany, Frankfurt am Main.
- Experience with advanced character deformation techniques (e.g. PSD).
- Experience with STL.
- Pix, GPad, Razor, Nvidia Nsight, AMD Perfstudio or Intel GPA experience.
- DirectCompute, CUDA or OpenCL experience.
- Multi-GPU experience.
- Multi-threading experience.
- Xbox One and PS4 experience.
- Expertise in advanced rendering algorithms (e.g. latest character rendering trends, GI, participating media, water rendering, etc).
- Knowledge of: GCM, GNM or OpenGL.
- Expertise in particle rendering and advanced particle rendering algorithms.
- Very strong sense of quality for visuals.
- Movie industry experience.
- Refactoring and optimizations, research and develop novel and stable technology, that follow CryENGINE design standards.
- Interact directly with other departments (e.g. art/design department), and seek to develop solutions for the potential production and workflow bottlenecks.
- Working with the agreed specifications, and always deliver top-notch quality under scheduled time.
- Ensure all code is clean and minimalistically written, efficient and stable across all platforms and documented as per company standards.
- Always strive to improve the stability and usability of the CryENGINE.
- Mentor junior team members when required and always setting a good example to others.
- Report to: R&D Leads and Technical Director.