|Job Title||Audio Programmer|
|Skills Required||Audio Programmer|
|Location||Midlands, UK & Europe|
|Job Description||Audio Programmer - Midlands - Up to £40,000!
My client is an exciting and groundbreaking Video Game development studio behind various highly rated titles, currently seeking a talented and ambitious Audio Programmer. The successful Audio Programmer will have proven experience within a similar role and be an exceptionally creative problem solver. This role requires a deep technical knowledge and understanding.
- Prototyping the use of music, audio SFX and DSP effects in novel situations to deliver innovative gameplay experiences.
- Delivery of robust, clear, artefact-free audio output.
- Design and maintenance of game-agnostic audio library components.
- Audio hardware quality and lag benchmarking.
- Audio compression algorithm evaluations and recommendations
- Delivery of in-game tools and systems to provide designers and audio engineers with the ability to tweak audio parameters.
- Development of offline audio tools as may be necessary.
- Audio stream, SFX and DSP levels balancing and mastering.
- Determining technical solutions to creative audio design requirements.· Writing and editing game ADD documentation.
- At least 2 years C++ experience in the games industry
- At least 1 shipped console title
- Experience in an Audio Programmer role
- Experience of prototyping and delivering innovative game features based on novel uses of audio
- Experience using audio hardware on all current generation consoles
- Good knowledge of modern game engines and audio middleware
- Good knowledge of digital signal processing (DSP) technologies
- Good knowledge of audio compression technologies
- Experience on any of the current generation consoles
- An ear for detail and a passion for delivering quality audio
- Experience working with pitch detection algorithms and/or software
- Experience testing and benchmarking audio hardware
- Experience balancing DSP parameters and audio mastering levels
- Experience with SFX requirements planning-
- Tools development languages, such as C# or Python.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a terrific and reputable games studio recognised worldwide for their groundbreaking titles. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now!
|Salary||Up to £40,000|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Creative Personnel using their internal reference JE 05401.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|