Senior Software Engineer Gaming Studio - Big ££!!
|Job Title||Senior Software Engineer Gaming Studio - Big ££!!|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|Skills Required||Game Design|
|Location||Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland, Scotland|
|Job Description||Senior Software Engineer - Java - Gaming Technology Studio - Big ££!!
A superb opportunity has arisen with the one of the world``s leaders in gaming technology. Our client have recently received a multi-million pound financial backing and are now looking for a skilled and experienced Java Developer who is capable of creating and deploying server architecture and assisting the game developers in coding game applications.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you be responsible for supporting the Acquisition Manager, whilst working alongside product managers and game designers to closely monitor game monetisation and player engagement. You will be expected to contribute to the evolution of tools for the tracking and understanding of user behaviour, whilst providing key insights and recommendations through quantitative analysis.
In return, you will be offered a fantastic remuneration package, private medial coverage, excellent annual bonus…..plus many more incredible benefits….!!!
- A minimum 5+ years development experience in a Linux environment
- Extensive experience with server projects
- Solid experience in a variety of programming languages and technologies (Java, SQL, HADOOP, Penatho etc.)
- Extensive experience in object orientated (oo) design and programming
- Strong understanding of implementing server applications including networking, memory, storage and concurrency
- Experience working with a variety of network and system monitoring tools: Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
- Strong time-management skills, with ability to focus on priorities, whilst managing multiple projects
- Self-motivated, team player with very strong work ethic and cooperation
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Bonus skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science, Business Management, Engineering or Mathematics
- Strong experience within online games
- Passion for video games, social games and social networks
- Experience managing and programming using “Cloud” based services would be an advantage
- Knowledge on TCP/IP stack, IPv6, network architecture and network protocols
- Knowledge of highly scalable architectures, design and maintenance of features of a social network
To apply for this position please forward your CV to SGill@creativepersonnel.co.uk
Keyword: Engineer, Programmer, Games, mobile, social, online, f2p, free to play, C#, C, C++, PHP, Linux, Cloud, Apache, MySQL, Lua, Mel, .NET, Android, iOS, HTML5, console, PS3, XBox, Xbox360, Wii
|Salary||£35000 - £50000 per annum|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Creative Personnel using their internal reference 100037534308466.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|