Urgent requirement for a VFX ARTIST – 3 month contract
|Job Title||Urgent requirement for a VFX ARTIST – 3 month contract|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Skills Required||VFX / Lighting Artist|
|Job Description||Urgent requirement for a VFX ARTIST – 3 month contract
Top AAA games company are on the look out for a VFX artist working on there latest console game! The ideal candidate will support the design and implementation of VFX for our next AAA project. The candidate will have a passion for making games, strong artistic skills, and an understanding of the technical constraints working within the game environment. (only people with relevant experience please)
- Understand the game design documents and artistic direction to comprehend the creative direction and have an overall idea of the sign off features;
- Find reference images and videos of the intended effects and validate these references with the artistic director and prototype FX
- Create and optimise particle effects including: water or ice, explosions, destruction, smoke, fire.
- Create and iteratively develop game assets including geometry, full screen, and surface shader effects from inception to final review on the target hardware within the game engine.
- Use available tools (particle systems, modelling, texturing, etc.) to create the special effects requested by the artistic team and integrate these effects into the engine;
- Validate the quality of the effects once they are imported into the game and make any necessary changes in an effort to maximize the user experience;
- Optimize the special effects on an ongoing basis and account for modifications and technological constraints throughout the project to ensure that the special effects remain of high quality;
- Work closely with fellow artists, effects system programmers and game designers.
- Work closely and with direction Creative Leadership to create high quality visual effects.
- Fix the bugs entered by testers and other working units;
- Strong artistic skills and understanding Traditional Art and Animation principles.
- Advanced knowledge of most game development tools and ability to master proprietary tools and development processes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
2 to 5 years of professional experience required
Has shipped at least one AAA title or possess equivalent experience from a related industry
- Expert-level skills in 3D graphics, particle systems, dynamic shaders, and relevant commercial software applications 3ds Max
- Knowledge of UDK a plus
To apply for this role please get in touch ASAP for this 3 month contract please send your CV to;
Look forward to hearing from you
|Salary||up to £400 a day|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Creative Personnel using their internal reference am7651.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|