New Role within a leading AAA games company As a graphics programmer has reared its head, very good opportunity you will be expected to work towards the development of cutting edge visual technology. As a Graphics Programmer you should be able to contribute towards both the art and technical requirements of the project. You will work closely with others to design and implement the technology required to support the visual needs of the project.
Specialist Skills Required
- An keen interest in and an enthusiasm for visual effects and graphics programming.
- Appreciation of video game graphics and art.
- Able to design and write shaders to meet requirements using HLSL or GLSL.
- An understanding of current graphics hardware and analysis tools sufficient to be able to analyse and where possible, improve rendering performance.
- Should be able to create basic tests assets.
- An understanding of how post processing works and knowledge of common post processing techniques. Should be able to implement post processing effects to a given specification.
- Understanding of current lighting and shadowing techniques.
- Must be able to critique and iterate their own work both visually and technically.
- Must be able to collaborate with technical artists and communicate using language that they understand.
- A firm grasp of the maths required for current graphic pipelines and techniques.
- Willing and able to work efficiently and collaboratively with a specific artist or group of artists towards a common goal.
Essential Skills Required
Programmers must possess a good grounding in programming skills and exhibit the ability to make good technical judgements. This coupled with robust knowledge and use of tools and an ability to autonomously create high quality game systems.
- Ability to use the C++ programming language to a competent level making use of appropriate language constructs without need for detailed guidance. To be mindful of the performance impact of implementations as well as structuring code to reduce unnecessary duplication.
- Basic grounding in applicable mathematical concepts such as algebra, trigonometry, vector maths, matrix transformations, quaternion rotations and base number representations such as hexadecimal and binary.
- Ability to select and implement algorithms as appropriate and utilise common data containers with knowledge of underlying implementation and its impact on algorithm choice.
- An understanding of debugging concepts and techniques with the ability to identify root causes via appropriate use of debugging techniques.
- An appreciation for the importance of testing and an ability to generate tests autonomously. Use of best practices and techniques such as unit testing should be employed. Also able to contribute to the continuous integration process.
- Ability to make appropriate optimisations and re-factor own code as necessary. Ability to use available platform tools to analyse performance.
- Full understanding of the concept of multi-threading, its benefits, complexities and pitfalls.
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Games companies an opportunity not to be missed!
Please apply now to be put forward to this great opportunity, or any of our other roles, alternatively please send your CV to
We look forward to hearing from you!