Tools Programmer (Dublin)
Games Jobs - IT / Technical Support - Ireland
|Job Title||Tools Programmer (Dublin)|
|Skills Required||IT / Technical Support|
|Job Description||Tools Programmer
Calling all Tools Programmers!!! I am currently working alongside leading provider of games development technologies, with over a decade of experience servicing the most demanding technology requirements for leading customers in the commercial games and entertainment industry.
They are now on the look out for talented Tools Programmers with a strong desire to empower users further. Currently in the process of building up a new team of highly focused, exceptional Tools engineers to work on a new project from the ground up. This is a great opportunity to come in at the ground level and help shape the technology that will be used by developers worldwide to build the next generation of games.
Having been at the cutting edge of innovation in game development for over a decade, they have provided cross platform game engine technology, mainly on AAA titles, with top clients such as EA, Sony, Activision, Nintendo, Ubisoft, Bungie, Guerrilla, and DICE. With a unique environment made up of talented, small, stable teams. Providing all engineers with an opportunity to make a real impact on the environment, business and the direction of industry standard products.
• Developing high-quality, cross-platform, multithreaded tools and infrastructure used by leading studios across the games industry
• Developing reusable and flexible tools framework
• Working on all aspects of software development including design, implementation, testing, documentation, and delivery
• Leading and participating in code reviews with other members of the engineering team
• Working directly with product management and customers to understand their requirements and implement software solutions
• Drafting tutorials, white papers and speaking at technical meetings / conferences
• Taking ownership of more general projects/responsibilities within the development team such as recruitment initiatives and technical relationships with partner companies
• Working directly with customers, to ensure they are getting the most from products
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ years industry in gaming, visual effects, or content creation
• Exceptional skills in C++ and Object Oriented Programming
• Experience developing interactive tools and maintaining content pipelines
• Passion for designing and implementing user interfaces with a strong emphasis on end-user experience
• Experience with Qt, .NET, or similar GUI frameworks
• Experience writing highly reusable components and libraries
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to work in a team environment on a shared code base
• Knowledge of 3d math/linear algebra highly desirable
• Experience working with scripting languages desirable (e.g. Python, Perl, Lua)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a unique environment, alongside talented group of people in a challenging role with real job satisfaction. They have a number of offices in some of the most sought after cities across the globe offering you the chance of travel and possible relocation. There is a great salary and benefits package on offer for the right person. This is your opportunity to make a statement and make a difference in a company where all opinions are valued.
|Salary||£30000 - £60000 per annum|
|Location||Dublin, County Dublin, , Ireland, Ireland|
|Job Category||IT / Technical Support|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Creative Personnel using their internal reference 100037534439341.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|