Senior UX Designer
Games Jobs - IT / Technical Support - England
|Job Title||Senior UX Designer|
|Skills Required||IT / Technical Support|
|Job Description||Senior UX Designer
My client is a successful AAA games studio based in the midlands, who have produced a number of well known titles across multiple platforms. They are now on the look out for a talented UX Designer with outstanding creativity and skill, combined with good technical knowledge of the process and tools for designing and creating outstanding UX Designs, to join the team and work on a number of exciting new projects.
This role will report to the Art/Design Managers and will be expected to work with a cross-disciplinary team of AAA developers to design the User Experience and User Interface to the highest standards for all the studios products.
The ideal candidate is expected to have proven experience within a similar role, be an exceptionally creative problem solver, a good communicator, positive team member and one who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and talent for creating games.
• Idea generation and initial concepts for the studios UI/UX Strategies and Designs
• UX design research and communications within the studio, staying ahead of industry best practices
• Regular competitor benchmarking and product testing
• Help to define tools and software requirements for successful UI/UX Design
• Generate prototypes from simple paper walkthroughs to in-depth interactive experiences
• Create and maintain high quality wireframes, flows and other schematics
• Create and maintain high quality documentation
• Assist the Design Manager in realising the game vision and desired experiences.
• Proactively drive UI/UX user stories, scenario development, user testing and feedback loops.
• Help direct and mentor junior team members
• Work exceptionally across disciplines as the point of contact and owner for UI/UX in the Design Department
• Working as the external point of contact for UI/UX Design with external partners as required
• Assist Production with scoping, planning, defining and tracking project milestones and task priorities.
• Drive decision making and issue tracking in relation to UI/UX pushing for best practices and leading edge experience delivery
ROLE REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE)
• Positive and outgoing personality.
• Excellence in the principles and techniques of UX Design.
• Minimum 5+ years experience working in AAA UI teams.
• Proven experience leading AAA UI/UX development
• Expertise in Flash, Axure, Visio or other common UX Prototyping tools.
• The ability to confidently articulate and communicate ideas and concepts using outstanding written, verbal and presentational skills
• Ability to cultivate and maintain cross-disciplinary relationships, partnerships and communication
• Experience using analytics and define scenarios to aid discovery and drive decision making
• Outstanding organisational abilities.
• Have a passion for outstanding UX Design and strive for excellence
• Hold a passion for Games.
• Experience developing on HD games consoles.
• Experience developing on touch screen devices
• Experience developing Online products
• Experience developing and working with Monetisation design and strategy
• Experience with responsive designs
• Experience in Graphic/Visual Design
• Experience in Motion Graphics.
• Experience in Web, Advertising or App Design.
• Hold a Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or similar.
|Salary||£40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Location||Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, West Midlands, England, England|
|Job Category||IT / Technical Support|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Creative Personnel using their internal reference 100037534433549.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|