Lead Gameplay Programmer – Leamington Spa – Big £££ !!!
Games Jobs - IT / Technical Support - England
|Job Title||Lead Gameplay Programmer – Leamington Spa – Big £££ !!!|
|Skills Required||IT / Technical Support|
|Job Description||Lead Gameplay Programmer - Leamington Spa - Up to £60,000 !!!
My Client is an innovative AAA Games company based in Leamington Spa currently seeking a Lead Gameplay Programmer to head up a small team of experienced programmers who focus on delivering great gameplay and game structure. The ideal Lead Gameplay Programmer will have outstanding technical knowledge of the software development process for prototyping, developing, and debugging of release quality gameplay code.
What will you do:
• Prototyping and implementing game mechanics and control schemes.
• Write core gameplay systems and logic components.
• You will work with your team to help to define and plan the work required and work alongside the production team to schedule the work for the gameplay team.
• Ensure every individual’s tasks and group tasks are delivered effectively and efficiently.
• Determine technical solutions to creative design requirements.
• Actively identify problem areas of code, review and discuss potential solutions.
• Propose to senior management, ways that your team can improve their development process to improve the programming and technical standards of the studio.
• Write and edit game TDD (Technical Design Document) documentation.
• Bug Database management - you will assign bugs to your team, and ensure they are being fixed in a timely and robust manner.
• You will be involved in interviewing potential members of the Gameplay team.
• Line Management of your team, performance management and Appraisals.
• 7+ years industry experience with C++
• 5+ shipped console titles.
• Experienced in prototyping and implementing game mechanics.
• Experienced in delivering fun, high-quality core gameplay code.
• Familiarity with modern game engines & graphical techniques.
• Good technical architecture and implementation skills.
• Expert in delivering TRC compliant code.
• Experienced with every current generation consoles.
Would be very beneficial to have:
• Experience delivering high-quality overall game structure and progression systems
• Familiarity working with accelerometer and gyroscope based input devices.
• Working experience with multi-screen platforms, such as WiiU.
• Experience in designing & developing AI systems.
• Ability to tackle HCI problems.
This is a great opportunity to work with one of the most recognizable Games studio’s in the UK! To find out more about this opportunity, please APPLY NOW! and/or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Salary||£55000 - £60000 per annum|
|Location||Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, WestMidlands, England, England|
|Job Category||IT / Technical Support|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Creative Personnel using their internal reference 100037534350076.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|