Fasntastic Lead Gameplay Programmer role in Newcastle!!
Games Jobs - IT / Technical Support - England
|Job Title||Fasntastic Lead Gameplay Programmer role in Newcastle!!|
|Skills Required||IT / Technical Support|
|Job Description||Lead Gameplay Programmer - Newcastle - Competitive salary depending on experience..
My client, based in Newcastle, is a leading games studio currently seeking a Lead Gameplay Programmer who is passionate about playing and making games and has excellent C/C++ programming skills. The successful Lead Gameplay Programmer will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing gameplay features that meet the requirements of the project’s Lead Designer and Lead Programmer.
• 6 years of commercial software development experience with significant contribution in 2 published games.
• Good understanding of games technology, and be able to use his/her technical knowledge in various areas including: mathematics, physics, animation, artificial intelligence to implement gameplay features, and believable behaviors.
• Able to work within an iterative environment with game designers to quickly prototype gameplay features.
• Experienced with development tools such as Visual Studio and perforce.
• Familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools - MS Project, Jira etc…
• Ability to create, manage and track schedules for a team of engineers.
• Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
• Ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable difficulty to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
• Good understanding of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc…
• Experienced with debugging defects of a reasonable complexity.
What will you do:
• Be responsible for defining and tracking your team’s schedule, managing and mentoring individuals within the engineering team.
• Work with production, engineers, design and art team leads to create task estimates and schedules for the gameplay engineering team and track development efforts across the team.
• Balance active code development with the management requirements and responsibilities of a discipline lead.
• Ensure the delivery of practical and timely solutions by the gameplay engineering team that meets the game design and technical requirements.
• Ensure code is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system by leading regular technical design and code reviews.
• Make sure that coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team.
• Ensure the creation of technical documentation for the engineering team.
• Mentor, manage and frequently review individuals to build a cohesive and effective team.
• Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
• Write debugging tools for programmers, level designers and artists.
This is a brilliant opportunity to be a part of a hugely successful entertainment company. So, if you’re interested in the above role please APPLY NOW and/or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Salary||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Location||Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NorthEast, England, England|
|Job Category||IT / Technical Support|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Creative Personnel using their internal reference 100037534339382.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|