||Joining one of the most accomplished audio departments in the UK, the Sound Designers primary purpose is to create, implement and mix sound effects and other audio for the multi award-winning Total War titles developed at the studio. We take the craft of designing and mixing sounds seriously, so as a creative and technical individual, if being part of an award-winning team and working on AAA productions is important to you then apply now! KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To follow and assist in the execution of the audio direction set out by the Audio Manager, delivering a AAA sound experience.
- To create sound effects using techniques such location/studio recording, Foley recording in addition to utilising pre-recorded in-house and commercial material.
- Integrate and mix audio content into games using in-house tools and other 3rd party software.
- To create and mix audio content for trailers, demo's and conferences to commercial standards.
- To test all aspects of your game audio to ensure in-game playback is as intended and fit for commercial release.
- Set high standards for junior members of the team to follow.
- When required, work and collaborate with external audio vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:Essential:
- In-house games development experience at a senior level as a ‘sound designer’ or similar.
- Proven excellence with sound design, showing creative flare.
- Experienced at integrating audio in to and mixing game projects.
- Ability to track lay and mix audio to linear footage to commercial standards.
- Must have completed work on at least the following demonstrating asignificant sound designcontribution:
- 3 shipped full price retail console or PC games, completing full in-house product cycles.
- Experience with Wwise audio engine.
- ProTool 9 or above experience to advanced level.
- Must be pro-active, highly organized and schedule focused.
- Ability to learn new in-house audio tools and software for integrating content.
- Ability to work as a team player and under own initiative.
- Ability to plan, organise and oversee location sfx recording sessions.
- HND in Sound Engineering (or above) or relevant in-house game audio experience.
- A keen interest in and a passion for sound and music in games and other forms of a/v entertainment.
- Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand a bonus.
- Professional location and studio based sound effects recording experience.
- AAA video game experience.
- Experience recording, editing and mixing dialogue.
- Ability to drive – have car.
All Audio applicants are required to submit a DVD show reel in support of their application, demonstrating creative sound design. Applications cannot be considered without an accompanying show reel.
Competitive Salary plus Benefits The Creative Assembly is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sega. CLOSING DATE IS 03/01/14