|Job Title||Network Programmer|
|Skills Required||Network / Online / Server|
|Location||UK & Europe|
|Job Description||Our newly established Total War Arena team are looking for a skilled network engineer to become a key member of the group, working on a brand new and exciting F2P title using the world renowned Total War licence.
The multiplayer and online aspects of Total War are increasing in importance, especially as Total War is expanding to new platforms and types of gameplay. To achieve this, Creative Assembly's Total War team are looking for an experienced C++ game programmer to bolster our close-knit team.
The successful candidate will be able to work with the team to spec, write and maintain the code for game features, as well as plan for its testing. The features worked on will be core to the game and fundamental to their success.
• Write and document game code to a high standard (both performant and readable).
• Break down tasks and responsibilities into manageable and realistic timetables.
• Participate in the future direction of Total War features and technologies, in conjunction with engineering and design teams.
• Identify code and data inefficiencies and suggest solutions.
• Drive test plan for areas of responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Shipped a PC or console game where the candidate was instrumental in delivering the multiplayer experience.
• Strong knowledge of C++ (this will be tested).
• Strong understanding of the Internet Protocol and network sockets.
• Game integration knowledge of a matchmaking/friends solution such as Steamworks or Xbox Live.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Good communication with peers and managers.
• Demonstrably able to work in a team.
• Experience with a prominent functional programming language a plus.
• Knowledge of Linux development a plus.
• Self-motivated individual.
• Eager to learn new technologies.
• Interest in video games and their inner workings.
• Methodical approach and good communication skills.
Competitive Salary plus Benefits
The Creative Assembly is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sega.
CLOSING DATE IS 24/08/13
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Creative Assembly using their internal reference CAUKNP.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|