||Our award winning Total War team are expanding, and are looking for outstanding games designers with varying levels of experience to bring their talents to bear on the next generation of Total War titles. Key Responsibilities:
- Design, document and communicate Total War game features.
- Create engaging game content.
- Work as part of the team to resolve design and gameplay issues as they emerge during development.
- Critically review the product at each stage of development.
- Iteratively balance and fine tune game play elements.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience: Essential:
- Strong academic background (including 2:1 degree or equivalent).
- Demonstrable design skill, either through industry experience working as a designer on at least one published game (any genre), or extensive modding experience with a strategy or RPG title.
- Highly numerate/ comfortable working with numbers, spreadsheets & formulae.
- Must combine excellent analytical skills with creative flair in approaching gameplay mechanics & content.
- Must be a creative but practical problem solver, and relentlessly self-critical.
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and organised.
- Good communications skills to work constructively with artists, programmers, producers, management and marketing staff in a collaborative environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software.
- Experience as a game designer (as opposed to level designer or scripter) on a strategy or RPG title.
- Solid experience of AAA game development processes.
- Deep & broad understanding of game mechanics (especially within the strategy genre).
- Good knowledge of Total War games.
Competitive Salary plus Benefits The Creative Assembly is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sega. CLOSING DATE IS 17/11/13