||The audio engineers’ primary purpose is to aid in the production of audio content, implementation and testing audio for Total War and Total War Digital titles developed at the studio with a specialisation in dialogue.
- To follow and assist in the execution of the audio direction set out by the Audio Manager, aiming for a class leading dialogue experience.
- To continually evaluate and improve the dialogue experience / design keeping abreast of current successful titles and trends in dialogue production and execution.
- To work with Audio Manager and designers to cast actors.
- To prepare, schedule and operate dialogue recording sessions.
- To record, edit and balance English and sometimes foreign dialogue.
- To implement and mix all dialogue languages and ensure functionality is as intended.
- To coordinate and approve all foreign versioning with external vendors.
- To ensure the dialogue experience in the game is rich, varied and believable. Working with script writers and designers where needed to achieve this.
- To ensure all in-game movie sequences have an appropriate amount of dialogue planned and recorded and that foreign versions are considered.
- To track-lay and mix domestic and foreign language versions of in-game movie and marketing materials.
- To liaise with internal quality assurance staff to ensure dialogue testing is adequately covered.
- Collaborate with designers and programmers to create a compelling dialogue design / experience plan.
- Assisting Audio Manager and/or other members of the audio team in the creation of other audio assets.
- Integrate general audio content into games using in-house tools and other 3rd party software.
- To create, integrate and mix audio content for trailers, demo's and conferences.
- To test all aspects of implemented dialogue to ensure playback is as intended and fit for commercial release.
- Report directly to and keeping well informed the Audio Manager of all issues and problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:Essential:
- Commercial dialogue recording experience either in Post Production facilities or for video game developers in an in-house capacity.
- Proven experience directing actors to achieve excellence.
- Proven experience coordinating and recording crowd/group sessions.
- Advanced operation level with ProTools 9 or above.
- Great dialogue and sound editing skills.
- Ability to record, track-lay and mix dialogue to picture to commercial standards.
- Strong communication, verbal and people skills.
- Ability to keep to and plan dialogue schedules and work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated, working effectively and efficiently on own or as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn new in-house audio tools and software for integrating content.
- Excellent hearing ability for distinguishing sound quality.
- A keen interest in and a passion for sound in games and other forms of a/v entertainment.
- Must have completed extensive dialogue recording work on a large variety of productions.
- Strong technical ability.
- Educated to at least HND level in sound engineering.
- PC or Console in-house games experience.
- AAA games experience an advantage.
- Practical knowledge of Wwise audio engine.
- Ability to track lay and mix general audio to picture to commercial standards.
- Location recording skills and experience.
- Proficient with Wavelab, Waves Plugins, Izotope RX
- Degree in sound related discipline (2:1 or above)
- Ability to drive – have car.
Competitive Salary plus Benefits The Creative Assembly is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sega. CLOSING DATE IS 29/12/13