Senior Tools Programmer
Games Jobs - Programming - London
|Job Title||Senior Tools Programmer|
|Job Description||The successful candidate will be equally comfortable with maintaining existing C++ and C# tools, as well as defining and implementing a future tools strategy. Knowledge of database technologies, with Microsoft implementations (SQL Server & Reporting Services) highly advantageous.
We are looking for a senior tools programmer to work on a successful game team. The role includes developing tools for internal use, and running a critical DLC publishing pipeline.
* Negotiate tools requirements, iteratively implement and test, release, document and provide support.
* Focus on quality - produce reliable software that can be part of time-critical workflows, and constantly work to improve robustness.
* Manage priorities and dependencies, to ensure smooth development across the team and minimise delays.
* Develop new tools using internal C++/ .NET framework.
* Maintain legacy C++/MFC tools.
* Take full ownership of the tool chain; identify inefficiencies, future requirements and issues; design and implement a roadmap.
* Good teamwork and communication skills.
* Highly proficient in both C# and C++
* Excellent understanding of XML and related technologies - XSD, XPath, XSLT, DOM etc.
* Excellent understanding of database technologies, particularly Microsoft (SQL Server & Reporting Services)
* Understanding of intuitive and effective User Interface design.
* Knowledge of basic web server technologies (Apache / PHP) an advantage.
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Change Job using their internal reference 738TSP .|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|