||The Technical Artist role requires high levels of technical knowledge, creativity and skill as an artist, excellent knowledge of the process and tools for designing and creating in-game artwork and an outstanding aptitude for learning new processes and techniques. This role will report to the Lead Technical Artist and will be expected to work well within a team of AAA Artists and work to agreed timelines, pipelines and the design and creation of artwork to the highest standards. The ideal candidate is expected to have some experience within a similar role or an equivalent position in film, be a creative problem solver, a good communicator, a positive team member and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and a talent for creating games.
- Work with programmers and artists to aid the realisation of art concepts using technical solutions both within the authoring pipeline and technical implementation.
- R&D leader for potential new techniques and improvements.
- Shader creation and development.
- Design, create and maintain tools and scripts.
- Group peer reviews and feedback, helping to maintain AAA studio quality.
- Proactively assist in defining group art pipelines and best practices against industry benchmarks.
- Input into technical budgets and restrictions.
- Proactive technology research and development. Participation in the post-mortem process and implementation of ensuing changes.
Role Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Experience) Attributes:
- Positive, enthusiastic and outgoing personality.
- 5+ Years experience working within game art teams or equivalent industry positions.
- Excellent knowledge of modern game engines and real-time art techniques.
- Technical Expertise with 3DS Max or equivalent 3D software.
- Excellent MaxScript Abilities.
- Excellent 3D modelling abilities.
- Good knowledge of art principles.
- Experience creating and maintaining Shaders, both real time and high end.
- Experience in creating particle and visual FX for games or film.
- An understanding of the principles and techniques of the export and tools pipeline.
- An understanding of the principles and techniques of lighting.
- An understanding of the principles and techniques of character rigging.
- An understanding of the principles and techniques of optimisation.
- Self motivated with excellent organisational abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of render setup, pipelines and render management.
- Good knowledge of Nuke or similar compositing software.
- Excellent traditional art skills.
- C#, .net, PHP, C++, or other coding skills.
- Hold a Degree in Art, Visual Media, or Film.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Group Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday per annum A great working environment