||Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced security administrator to oversee and enact the Blizzard security program in our regional office locations. The ideal candidate is a dedicated problem solver, one who can balance multiple priorities while always keeping an eye on improving security posture in a fast-paced and demanding environment. This person should also be very well organized and have excellent communication skills, understanding the challenges of mitigating risk while allowing for the development and operation of gaming platforms. Responsibilities
- Implement and maintain the security technology stack from endpoints to the perimeter and beyond.
- Implement and enforce security policies and initiatives.
- Work with global IT teams to assist in supporting global infrastructure from a security perspective.
- Follow incident, problem, crisis and change management processes.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve security anomalies and incidents alone and with other teams.
- Respond to phone calls, email, and personnel technical support requests for your areas of responsibility in a timely manner.
- Participate in an on-call schedule and be available 24 / 7, as needed.
- Document, track, and communicate solutions to a wide variety of security problems.
- Hands-on expertise with Linux, including system installation / configuration, file system concepts, resource monitoring, user administration, Active Directory integration, package management, and process control / management
- Hands-on experience with VMware, vSphere, or equivalent virtualization technology
- Advanced knowledge of networking principles and applications / technologies (e.g., TCP / UDP protocols, DNS, DHCP, GPO services)
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise server-class hardware
- Advanced knowledge of scripting / programming in any administrative language (Bash, Perl, Powershell, Python, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to train users on topics, provide presentations to an internal audience, write documentation, and interact positively with and receive direction from upper management
- Highly motivated and self-driven, with strong troubleshooting skills, capable of working with little instruction to complete a variety of tasks
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
- International travel as needed
- Fluent in English
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with Atlassian Products (Confluence, Jira, Fisheye, etc.)
- RHCE Certifications orequivalent Linux Certifications
- CCNA / CCNP / CISSP certifications
- Database administration experience (MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Enterprise configuration management solutions (SCCM or similar)
- ITIL framework and processes
- Passion for video games and most importantly, safeguarding them!
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Please go to www.jobs.blizzard.com to apply