||Our client is a major independent games developer in China, working with the most prestigious publishers in the world. For their office based near Paris we are looking for several Engineers expert in Unreal Engine capable of working and communicating in English with a team located in China. You will be working on porting a famous AAA console game onto XboxOne/PS4.
- Collaborating with technical leads to elaborate the development strategy.
- Carrying out miscellaneous programming tasks around Unreal Engine 3 and 4 technologies and consoles development (runtime and tools), according to needs.
- Supporting the Chinese team to solve its critical issues by analyzing the trouble, studying state-of-the-art and providing them with an adequate solution.
- Analyzing and operating in a large code base to debug and track performance and memory issues.
- Ensuring that the quality of the work is up to standard.
- Reporting your work and delivering your results in time, along with adequate documentation when required.
- Minimum 3-year experience as a senior C++ Unreal Engine 3 programmer in the video game industry
- Proficient programming in C++ and OOD/OOP skills
- Excellent understanding of the impact of code on performance and memory
- Experience in one of the following fields: memory management, serializing, streaming or post-rendering effects.
- Ability to work as a team / good interpersonal skills / autonomous and resourcefulness
- Good working knowledge of English is a must.
- Position based near Paris.
Some extra knowledge will be considered as advantage over the position :
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with physical-based lighting
- Experience with Xbox One or Playstation 4
- Experience in writing tools for authoring pipelines and build/debug pipelines (C++, C#/.NET)