||Founded in 2011, Amplitude Studios is an independent developer of video games specialized in the production of strategy titles, with already three playable games: Endless Space, Endless Legend and Dungeon of the Endless.
Based in Paris, our studio boasts an international team that has worked all over the world on highly successful franchises such as Battlefield, Rayman, XIII, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, R.U.S.E., Call of Juarez and Might & Magic.
To fulfill its ambitions to create the best strategy games, Amplitude has also launched the Games2Gether, a brand new way for players to participate actively in the creation of a video game and an innovative approach to co-development. Through this platform, Amplitude Studios is working hand in hand with players by sharing, discussing and comparing ideas, which brings the notion of community one step further.
We are looking for a Brand Manager to assist with the conception and implementation of brand-building marketing and communication campaigns to promote Amplitude Studios’ IPs. Specifically, we are seeking a customer-oriented marketer displaying strong creative skills and a passion for the video game industry.
Under the supervision of the Marketing Director, you will prepare marketing assets, elaborate and coordinate communication plans and marketing campaigns in collaboration with both our own development teams and external partners (public relations and advertising agencies) across all media channels, as well as handle relations with the press for a number of our existing and upcoming titles. You will also assist in the preparation of events (video game conventions, press events) to ensure a high visibility of the games developed by Amplitude Studios.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement marketing and communication plans, from early concept to final execution, for video game launches on PC, tablets and consoles, including:
- Producing clear marketing roadmaps in conjunction with the Marketing Director (definition of key milestones for each IP, deliverables and internal organization)
- Accurately positioning Amplitude’s IP in the marketplace and identifying the key communication axes and channels to reach our audience
- Directly handling the creation of high quality, impactful marketing assets (teasers, trailers, promotional images, etc…) in collaboration with our development teams, and occasionally managing their production by external advertising agencies (briefing, reviews)
- Coordinating consistent and effective communication campaigns across various media channels (social networks, Steam, blogs), in partnership with Amplitude Community Development team and external public relations agencies
- Managing relationships with the press and ensuring that Amplitude titles receive a high visibility and share of voice on key platforms for the gaming community (ongoing contact with game reviews websites, organization of interviews, studio tours, etc…)
- Assisting in the preparation of industry events, conferences and gaming conventions
- Monitor marketing campaigns in collaboration with other departments (sales performance reviews) and suggest re-promotion strategies / potential improvements to ensure our titles reach and exceed their targets
- Play a key role in the Games2Gether program to ensure it is adequately marketed, highly visible and becomes a central platform for the promotion of Amplitude’s titles
- Basic notions in French, fully fluent or native in English
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field
- 3+ years of entertainment, media or video game industry experience in a similar or relevant position (such as Product Manager, Associate Brand Manager or Brand Manager)
- Proven track record in coordinating successful marketing campaigns for video games or other entertainment products, with at least 2 projects led from inception to post-mortem analysis
Required skills and profile
- Capacity to excel in the entire spectrum of marketing tasks: from hands-on asset creation to business development and management of relationships with our partners internationally. Amplitude is a fast growing studio but still of moderate size, thus versatility with both technical and management tasks is imperative for any successful candidate
- Passionate about video games or displaying a strong interest to learn about the gaming industry
- Strong leadership, autonomy, attention to details and organizational skills
- Excellent project management and planning skills, and ability to run autonomously a complex and long-lasting project involving multiple parties
- Ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles (developers, external partners, players community, journalists)
- Take on a proactive attitude to spot opportunities or potential issues ahead of time and propose appropriate solutions
- Strong creative skills and ability to form an informed critical judgment on the visual identity of materials produced and their potential appeal to the public
- Champion and act as a brand ambassador for the IPs of which you will be in charge
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced change
- Working knowledge of French
- Knowledge of the video-game industry ecosystem (key players, market trends and audience)
- Familiarity with technical tools (Photoshop or any other image or video editing software)
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter (and any other relevant materials!) to Marina