IT Engineer (Developer Operations) | Dublin | Great Salaries, Stock & Benefits, Relocation
|Job Title||IT Engineer (Developer Operations) | Dublin | Great Salaries, Stock & Benefits, Relocation|
|Skills Required||Build Engineer, Core Technology|
|Location||UK & Europe|
|Job Description||This is a once in a life time opportunity to join one of the most ambitious start-ups in the games industry. Founded by established industry experts, this company are now looking to secure the services of a highly experienced and technically adept IT Engineer who can oversee the development, maintenance and operations of the studio’s IT and hosting infrastructure.
You will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the smooth operation of their complete back end IT set up, and building a foundation that allows for the seamless integration of major online titles, websites and internal systems, while adapting to major changes in load and scalability. The team are looking for an individual who is extremely experienced in a number of areas relating to IT, primarily Systems administration (including advanced command line ops), & technical coding ability for infrastructure monitoring and profiling systems, resource optimisation, security and regular deployment.
With brand new state of the art offices in Dublin, the focus is hard-core F2P MMO setting a new standard of AAA quality artwork in this sector. Having secured significant and high-profile financial backing, the founders have a history of building successful teams within games and are amongst the industry’s most influential entrepreneurs. The seamlessly cross-platform vision is one of the most aspirational and technically demanding goals under endeavour.
• Excellent IT knowledge including Linux (CentOS/Ubuntu/Debian), bash, load distribution, storage, failover, caching, provisioning, config management, deployment, firewalls, VPN, DNS etc.
• Detailed knowledge of online application related technology challenges including latency, throughput and security
• You know how to get most out of public clouds
• Solid capacity for researching and evaluating reusable solutions
• Fast and agile, you propose solutions to handle constraints
• Constant learner, great communicator and willing to share knowledge with others Required experience:
• You’ve worked with high traffic systems
• Experienced in establishing systems for monitoring, profiling, alerts, backup, restore, incremental rollouts, log aggregation
• Experienced in using public clouds or hybrid clouds
• Worked on infrastructure for MMOs
• Experience with Salt/Chef, Vagrant, AMI, Linux Containers
• Experience with MySQL, PostgrSQL and NoSQL solutions
• Experience with Icinga/Nagios, StatsD, Pagerduty, Splunk etc.
• Coding skills in C/C++ • Knowledgeable in ITIL, PCI Compliance, intrusion detection and DOS protection
• Experience with Jenkins and message queues (RabbitMQ/0MQ)
• An interest in open source technologies and the community
• Ideal candidates will love playing and creating MMO, RTS, RPG, FPS, type games.
The studio offers a great stylish and open atmosphere that promotes true creative thinking and learning. The passion and commitment to this exciting stage in the company’s history is unrivalled and this is an exceptional opportunity to be on board as they fly. There is a very competitive salary; unlimited holiday; financial help with relocation and great benefits.
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Amiqus Games using their internal reference IED2809PL.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|