Senior Technical Artist – UK based AAA Next Gen Game Dev – Salary up to £46k DoE
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - South East
|Job Title||Senior Technical Artist – UK based AAA Next Gen Game Dev – Salary up to £46k DoE|
|Skills Required||Technical Animator / MoCap,Technical Artist|
|Job Description||Senior Technical Artist – UK based AAA Next Gen Game Dev – Salary up to £46k DoE
This is a great opportunity to work with one of the UK’s most respected AAA Next gen developers.
This is a diverse position and the role holder will need to have a full understanding of every aspect of the CG process and be skilled in multiple disciplines with the skills and desire to help push the look and feel of the studios projects.
The role holder will be creating production quality technical rigs and art pipeline solutions working with real time rendering techniques for use in game as well as working alongside the character and animation teams to increase the quality and efficiency of working processes. They will need to be comfortable with maintaining their own schedule on a day-to-day basis and interacting at all levels with all disciplines. They will support and mentor more junior members of the studio, leading smaller parts of the team, sub-teams and pods as and when required on an ad-hoc basis.
Knowledge and Skills required
• Sound technical knowledge of the game development pipeline process - likely to be gained from at least 4 years technical art experience
• Demonstrable understanding of current gen character technology
• Ability to understand and use 3rd party (e.g. Unreal) tools and provide constructive evaluation throughout
• Good Mel/Python scripting tools ability and/or other languages
• Experience of technical character set up, including facial rigging technology
• Colour and shader development, rendering and lighting techniques and the ability to push development in these areas
• Demonstrable technical understanding of 3D computer graphics
• A strong eye for anatomical detail and an understanding of the processes and requirements of both modelling and animation
• The ability to document and clearly explain technical processes to the wider studio
• The ability to work under own initiative, keeping CG leads and production informed of progress, changes and other critical issues
• Experience and knowledge of high-end pipeline work flow processes
• Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire to be part of the team.
• Passion for games
• Experience with particle & physics simulations i.e. cloth/hair simulation
• Computer Animation/CG based degree
• An understanding of visual FX
• Mocap Experience
For further information or to apply to this role please contact Lee Burns on 0044 1925 839 722 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
|Salary||Up to £46k plus excellent Benefits|
|Location||UK, South East, South East|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Amiqus Games using their internal reference LB928.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|