Shader & Texture Artist
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - The Netherlands
|Job Title||Shader & Texture Artist|
|Skills Required||Art / Animation|
|Job Description||My client is a leading European Developer with close ties to a major international publisher. They combine outstanding technology with a strong artistic vision, and in doing so have elevated the company to a prominent rank among Europe's game developers.
They are now looking for a Shader & Texture Artist to join their team.
Overview of the Job
My Client is looking for a Shader & Texture Artist to strike the right node! As the successful candidate, you’ll develop the artistic look of the material expressions in our game world. Using your considerable expertise in photography, Photoshop and node-based shader creation tools, you will craft photorealistic organic and inorganic material looks, as well as complex animated special effect shaders such as water, fire and smoke. You’ll work with the Art Director, Asset Artists and Environment Artist to achieve a consistent, high-quality style. In addition, you will tutor other artists in shading techniques, and work with our Engine programmers to identify and develop new techniques.
Skills and Experience Required
Ready to compare nodes? We want to hear from you if:
• You're an excellent Texture Artist with a good eye for photorealism.
• You have at least 3 years of prior professional experience within the gaming or movie industry under your belt.
• You possess in-depth knowledge of cutting-edge shader techiques (software rendering as well as real-time rendering) and you’re able to discuss those with engine programmers on a technical level.
• You’re eager and able to push the envelope and drive Guerrilla’s engine and shading technology forward.
• You have proven experience with node-based shader creation tools such as Maya, XSI or Unreal.
• You possess excellent Photoshop and photography skills.
• You’re adept at understanding and solving artistic as well as technical problems.
• You have a good understanding of memory and performance constraints, and know how to optimize shaders while maintaining high quality.
• You have an excellent grasp of modeling, animation, UV mapping and rendering.
• You're articulate, have strong written and verbal communication skills and a good command of the English language.
• You enjoy working in agile, multi-disciplinary teams.
No knowledge is CGfx or other shading languages is needed.
Please node: Applications submitted without portfolio or demoreel will not be considered.
For more information on this role or to apply for the position, please contact Simon Hope at Aardvark Swift on +44 (0) 1709 834777 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location||Amsterdam, Netherlands, The Netherlands|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Aardvark Swift using their internal reference 8735_SH1200STA.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|