Senior Technical Animator
Games Jobs - Art / Animation - South East
|Job Title||Senior Technical Animator|
|Job Description||My client is a British video gaming institution.
They have been making ground-breaking original IP since the late 90s and are still going strong almost 15 years later.
Due to their continued success, they are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Animator to join their team.
Overview of the Job:
The ideal candidate is somebody who is passionate about games and has previous experience implementing, managing and maintaining animation, rigging and content authoring pipelines. The focus of the role is to continually develop our in house tool sets, ensuring that our content creators can meet the quality standards and production efficiency requirements of the project.
They will also be responsible for giving continual support to the various content creation teams and help problem solve when issues arise. A pro-active attitude towards identifying areas of inefficiency and providing solutions is essential. The candidate should have strong communication skills and be able to liaise with Art, Animation and Programming teams.
• Develop and maintain existing pipelines and tool sets
• Work with and support both internal and external content creators
• Be responsible for the life of an asset all the way into and including the game engine
• Work with Leads to address pipeline and project needs.
• Make recommendations and provide solutions to improve efficiency, quality, and overall workflow.
• Document and promote internal tools and pipeline improvements
• Develop tools with an emphasis on UX and usability
• Work within the content tools team, providing mentoring and knowledge sharing where appropriate
Experience and Skills Required:
• Excellent knowledge of Maya
• Expert knowledge of Python scripting
• Strong understanding of Animation and Character pipelines and workflow architecture
• Able to work within a pre-existing codebase
• Previous experience developing tools and pipelines across the lifetime of a project
• Experience with developing compiled plugins in Maya (C++/C#)
• Excellent problem-solving and strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities on a project pipeline
Preference to Applicants with:
• Experience working in Unreal (4 or 3)
• Experience developing with PyMel, PyQt/PySide
• Knowledge of MySQL and databases
• Experience working with or developing for Perforce or similar source control
For more information or to apply, please contact Peter Broughton at Aardvark Swift on +44 (0) 1709 834777 or e-mail Peter.Broughton@Aswift.com
|Location||South East, UK, South East|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Aardvark Swift using their internal reference 8643_PB508STA.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|