|Job Title||Server Programmer|
|Job Description||Server Programmer
My clients offices in Scotland are home to one of the best-known and well loved AAA video games ever made. Ambition and hard work have made them a preeminent games developer worldwide, and at the heart of it all is a team of motivated individuals who strive to produce amazing, industry-leading games.
My client is looking for an energetic server programmer to help increase the features and capabilities of their online technologies.
They are looking for someone who is not afraid of new challenges and wants to work on a technology team and company that are focused on redefining what an online gaming experience can be.
- Develop high volume, highly scalable server-side features utilizing Windows Server, SQL server, IIS, .NET, and C#.
- Develop web services supporting game console clients, browser clients, and external server clients.
- Understand and develop optimal network and server topologies composed of heterogeneous server types, load balancers, databases, NATs, routers, etc.
- Develop highly reliable distributed server systems.
- Tune real-time server systems for reliability and performance.
- Develop and tune high performance transactional database systems.
- Develop C++ console client code to communicate with server systems.
- Understand and maintain low level network protocols to communicate with game console clients.
- Work with the game project team to integrate RAGE networking technology into game projects, identify extensions to that technology, and create those improvements.
- Implement cross-platform abstractions for third-party online services, including Xbox Live and Sony NP.
- Work with external vendors to develop solutions using and/or extending their online service SDKs.
- Excellent C/C++/C# programming skills.
- Experience with .NET, IIS, and SQL server
- Good "can do" attitude with a service oriented personality.
- Direct experience coding networking systems and solving networking problems.
- Being versatile and regularly proving a readiness to tackle new challenges.
If you feel you match the above criteria then please contact Danny Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Aardvark Swift using their internal reference 8189_DJ320SP.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|