Junior Game Programmer
Games Jobs - Programming - Scotland
|Job Title||Junior Game Programmer|
|Job Description||The Game Programmer will be a highly skilled and hard working individual with experience of at least one shipped title and comfortable in a variety of programming environments.
The role will involve the development of games across a variety of platforms including mobile, PC and console.
The Game Programmer is required to work closely with other team members, (especially those on their programming team) leading by example, to ensure a high level of coding standards are achieved and maintained across their project, whilst also delivering that project on time and above industry average standards.
- Good degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge of development tools and techniques relating to game development across a wide variety of platforms.
- Experience of game development using C++.
- Good understanding of Java, JNI, Objective-C and C# a distinct advantage.
- Strong maths and 3D programming skills a distinct advantage.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team.
- Working knowledge of the game development process.
- Candidates must have at least one shipped title and will ideally have 3+ years of experience working on PC, console, handheld or mobile gaming platforms.
- Deliver accurate time estimates for the programming tasks on a project for scheduling purposes.
- Ensure project deliverables are finished on time and to the highest possible quality standards.
- Communicate project requirements, technical strategy and implementation approach on an ongoing basis with the programming team.
- Organise peer review of code both up and down the hierarchy on a regular basis.
- Ensure all code modules are integrated correctly into the project with correct versioning and added to version control on at least a daily basis.
- Identify problems and suggest work around solutions before they impact project delivery.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills. Setting an example for the rest of your team.
For more information contact Mark Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01709 834777
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Aardvark Swift using their internal reference 8085_MH2074JGP.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|