Senior & Mid Generalist Programmer
Games Jobs - Programming - North West
|Job Title||Senior & Mid Generalist Programmer|
|Job Description|| Senior Programmer – Next Gen - £45-55k + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Our client is an independent software developer who are looking for a talented Senior Programmer for their New IP for Next Generation consoles.
The Senior Programmer will have at least 6 years experience, and will have at least 3 published games on; PC, console, hand-held, or mobile devices, working as a senior programmer on at least 1 project. An excellent knowledge of console programming is essential, and a good knowledge of networking, physics, AI, graphics programming and developing for mobile platforms is desirable.
The studio puts a strong emphasis on delivering high quality games, to strict deadlines and achieves this through careful planning and the support of a strong and experienced management team.
• Technical planning, including creation of schedules, and TDDs
• Mentoring and training of team members
• Evaluation of internal technology
• Evaluation of middleware
• Ensuring schedules are met by the programming team
• Ensuring the correct team is in place for your projects
• Working closely with Programming Manager to achieve project technical goals
• Production of code to a given schedule
• Ensuring the code produced adheres to the game design
• Production of regular milestone builds
• Strong programming skills in C++ and OOP
• Strong logical mind-set and the ability to problem solve
• Fully conversant in revision control software such as Perforce
• Worked on at least 4 published titles (at least 2 as a lead)
• Ability to manage a team of programmers
• An extensive knowledge on as many of these key areas of games programming as possible – gameplay, physics, AI, rendering, user interface, networking
The successful candidate will play a key role in the future development of the studio, and will enjoy a generous salary and benefits package.
More details are available by contacting Ben Shatford at Aardvark Swift via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01709834777
|Location||Yorkshire, North West|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Aardvark Swift using their internal reference 7235_BS105SP.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|