Game Technology Programmer
Games Jobs - Programming - North West
|Job Title||Game Technology Programmer|
|Job Description||My client have been making games for more than 15 years. They now employ more than 150 people and have released games on major platforms like PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and Nintendo DS. They also work with some Great IPís and a variety of game types.
They are looking for a programmer to join the Game Technology team. The Game Technology team is part of the Engine Room Department, and is responsible for creating and maintaining the nuts and bolts that glue their award winning games together.
During your day you will be working with all the internal development departments: the game programmers, the low level renderer programmers, the artists and designers who produce the amazing content that makes the games come alive, the production team who manage the process and the publishers who get our games out to the public. Finally, but not least, you will liase with the platform holders to resolve technical challenges and overcome any submission problems that come with the fast pace of the console and hand held market.
You will be expected to get involved with all aspects of the clients code base to ensure each programming department works effectively together. For that reason, you will need to have experience with working with large code bases and be able to understand other people's code quickly. Particular areas of expertise would be helpful in rendering, tools, audio, networking and online, and resource management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrable games industry experience including several shipped titles
- A good degree in Computer Science, Math or Physics or related subject (2.i or above) or equivalent experience
- Fluent in C++ and object oriented programming
- A structured approach to programming with the desire to write clean, well commented, documented and maintainable code.
- A positive can do attitude coupled with the ability to get things done.
- Experience programming consoles at a low-level on PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U or PC.
- Understanding of machine architecture.
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Strong debugging skills in a multi-threaded / multi-core environment.
- The ability to analyse and optimise algorithms for efficiency.
- Knowledge of Python, SQL, Java
If you are interested in this fantastic role then please contact Ben Shatford on 01709 834 777 or Ben@Aswift.com
|Location||North West, UK, North West|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Aardvark Swift using their internal reference 8387_BS308SGTP.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|