|Job Title||UI Artist|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|Skills Required||Art / Animation|
|Location||The Midlands, Midlands|
|Job Description||Founded in 1990, our client is now one of the most stable and respected development studios in the world today. Currently boasting six distinct divisions, the company has come a long way from its roots as a well known developer of family games. Today, the different divisions are working on mature titles, serious games, downloadable and short-session games and their middleware and game engine.
Are you able to create typography and interface design in games that can create exciting experience for the player? Can you create a UI in games, where navigating through the menu system is an important and fun part of the game itself? If so, we want to speak to you.
Specific requirements for this role
• Menu Flow and Design - Demonstrated interface development with a strong sense of user interface flow and consideration for end-user experience.
• 2D artwork – The ability to conceptualise and create high quality 2D game art assets using expert skills in industry standard packages such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Graphic Design – Specifically the use and application of numerous artistic and professional disciplines which focus on visual communication and presentation. The use of various methods to design, create and combine symbols, images and/or words to create a visual representation of ideas and messages from the game system. Production disciplines include: -
o Layout design
o Typographic design and layout
o Font selection, design and localisation
o Logo and icon design
o Colour theory application
• Pre-visualisation – The ability to rapidly prototype interface look and flow - primarily using After Effects and supported with industry standard packages such as Flash / Dreamweaver.
• TRC Considerations – The ability and wish to both work within and learn the TRC requirements of the 1st party hardware vendors.
• Communication - Strong communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills working within cross-functional teams
• Create and iteratively develop game assets from inception to final review on the target hardware within the game engine using appropriate tools (BlitzTech Tools).
• 3D Experience – Experience in the use and application of industry 3D packages such as 3DS Max and Maya to created and animate 3d art assets for the user interface.
• Simplification - Experience in simplifying complex workflows in menu systems.
Please note that this role accepts applications on both a permanent and fixed term contract basis
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Aardvark Swift using their internal reference 7570_PB376UI.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|