|Job Title||Gameplay programmer|
|Job Description||Our client is an award winning, next-gen development studio based in the Midlands. They have recently been behind the development of a number of innovative console titles.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Gameplay Programmer to join their programming team. Gameplay programmers are responsible for programming core gameplay mechanics, with the aim of making their games as fun and playable as possible.
The ideal candidate is expected to have proven experience within a similar role, be an exceptionally creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, and always shows high levels of enthusiasm and a talent for creating great games.
Reporting to the lead Gameplay programmer the Gameplay Programmer role requires excellent technical knowledge of the software development process for prototyping, developing, and debugging of release quality gameplay code.
• Prototyping game mechanics and control schemes.
• Programming fun, release-quality game mechanics and control schemes.
• Work with colleagues in the Programming and Design teams to gather feedback and refine gameplay mechanics.
• Delivery of core gameplay systems and logic components.
• Implementation of player feedback and scoring systems.
• Determining technical solutions to creative design requirements.
• At least 2 years C++ experience in the games industry.
• At least 1 shipped console title.
• Positive and outgoing personality, and works well in a Programming team.
• Experience of rapid prototyping of new game mechanics.
• Experience in programming fun gameplay mechanics and control systems.
• Experience of producing well-engineered and maintainable code. Good knowledge of modern game engines and graphical techniques.
• Good technical architecture and implementation skills.
• Excellent debugging skills.
• Experience in delivering TRC compliant code.
• Experience on current generation consoles.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A passion for making and playing games.
In return the company offer an excellent Salary and Benefits.
More details are available by contacting Lisa Corbett at Aardvark Swift via email: email@example.com
|Salary||£Excellent + Benefits|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Aardvark Swift using their internal reference 7697_LC44G.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|