Senior Graphics Optimisation Programmer
Games Jobs - Programming - London
|Job Title||Senior Graphics Optimisation Programmer|
|Job Description||My client is a British video gaming institution.
They have been making ground-breaking original IP since the late 90s and are still going strong almost 15 years later.
Due to their continued success, they are looking for an experienced Senior Graphics Optimisation Programmer to join their team.
Overview of the Job
The ideal candidate is someone who is highly experienced with graphics programming, having worked with modern rendering engines and DX11. The client is looking for an optimisation specialist; someone who can efficiently analyse performance, identify bottlenecks and make the necessary changes to improve performance.
The candidate will report to the Lead Graphics Programmer, but will be expected to work relatively independently on the tasks in hand. The candidate will be expected to collaborate with engineers in other Microsoft studios so the improvements made can benefit all studios, and we avoid duplication of work.
• Work with the Lead Graphics Programmer to identify potential areas for optimisation
• Profile the code to identify bottlenecks
• Optimise and then profile to measure performance gains
• Collaborate with other studios within Microsoft, so they can benefit from our changes and vice versa
• Take an active role in improving rendering performance.
Requirements of the Job:
• Experience of shipping multiple titles as a graphics programmer for Xbox 360, PC or PS3 platforms
• Experience with CPU optimisation and performance analysis, especially on multi-core CPU architectures
• Experience of GPU optimisation and performance analysis
• Experience of graphics programming with Unreal Engine 3 or 4
• Perforce (including branch integration)
• Compute shaders (or OpenCL)
• Agile development and SCRUM
• Fluent in C++ and shader languages.
• Using performance analysis tools to quickly identify CPU/GPU bottlenecks
• Threaded renderers
• Low-level CPU optimisation (including vector maths/SSE)
• Direct3D 11
• Broad knowledge of graphics techniques (e.g. shadow mapping, dynamic lighting, effects, culling).
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate efficiently across teams
If this role is of interest please contact Ben : firstname.lastname@example.org or 01709 834777
|Location||South East, UK, London|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Aardvark Swift using their internal reference 8633_BS508SGOP.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|